st: RE: Stochastic dominance!

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stochastic dominance!
Date   Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:01:25 +0100

I don't know what you mean by "2nd order stochastic dominance". However, stochastic dominance is usually measured using either Somers' D and Harrell's c. Confidence intervals for both of those can be calculated using the -somersd- package, downloadable from SSC using the -ssc- command. The -somersd- package is distributed with 3 .pdf manuals, which can be downloaded as ancillary files. The on-line help for -somersd- refers to some Stata Journal articles on the subject, which may be downloadable from the Stata Journal website at
http://www.stata-journal.com/

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger