st: Gllamm errors

From   david reinstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Gllamm errors
Date   Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:00:57 +0100

OK, I now figured out I may not have been using the most recent
version of Glamm. But with the newest version I still have problems.

When I start off with a command such as:
gllamm investmentStage2 investment, i(id) adapt adoonly trace
... I get the error "junk not found."

I can get it to run successfully with the "init" option:
gllamm investmentStage2 investment, i(id) nrf(1) family(gauss)
link(identity) nip(4) trace init
...but this just yields the results of the simple OLS regression: (reg
investmentStage2 investment_

So, I try to use these initial values to get further, and I get
another  "not found" error:
. mat init=e(b)
. gllamm investmentStage2 investment, i(id) from(init) adoonly trace

General model information
dependent variable:         investmentStage2
family:                     gauss
link:                       ident
equation for fixed effects  investment _cons
Random effects information for 2 level model

***level 1 equation:
   log standard deviation
   lns1: _cons

***level 2 (id) equation(s):
   standard deviation of random effect
   id1: _cons
__000003 not found
r(111);

If I try it slightly differently:
gllamm investmentStage2 investment, i(id) from(init) trace
...I get
"
there are 0 values of likelihood, should be 150 ...
lnf equal to missing in last step ... initial values not feasible ...
(error occurred in ML computation) ... (use trace option and check
correctness of initial model)"

gllamm investmentStage2 investment, i(id) from(init) adapt trace
... yields "junk not found" again.

Any thoughts? I have been spending hours just to try to get Gllamm to
run somehow (to analyse experimental economic data)!

Thanks for your help.
Once again, a list of some of the data follows.
-David

. list  id investment  investmentStage2  in 1/20

     +---------------------------+
     |  id   invest~t   invest~2 |
     |---------------------------|
  1. | 201          3          2 |