st: beta coefficients for interaction terms

Subject   st: beta coefficients for interaction terms
Date   Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:35:29 +0200

Hi Statalist,

I am working on a regression model with interactions between some variables. I read in a book, that I can't use the "normal" standardized beta coefficients for the interaction terms. They said that the interpretation of the beta coefficients is not possible until you z-standardise the interaction variables before you do the regression.

Does anyone know, if stata does the z-standardization for the interaction variables automatically, so I can use the normal standardized beta coefficients (shown in the stata output) for the interpretation?
I am using the 9.1 version of stata.

I hope someone can help me.

Best Lisa