st: regoprob - no results and insufficient observations

From   Anne Wessendorf <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: regoprob - no results and insufficient observations
Date   Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:37:38 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

I tried running the command "regoprob" on a panel dataset containing a total of 2344 observations. The dataset contains two years of observation for about 1200 cross-sectional units and it is unbalanced.

When estimating the model with RHS variables, the iteration does not seem to start at all. The program is busy and the cursor blinks, but nothing happens. When estimating the constant-only model, I get an error message "insufficient observations (r2001).

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Anne Wessendorf