st: AW: Mean dependent variable

Subject   st: AW: Mean dependent variable
Date   Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:52:53 +0200

<>

*************
sysuse auto, clear
probit for mpg price rep78
estat summarize
*************

Note that I used "rep78" as a covariate so that a covariate with missing
values makes my explantation meaningful. If you want to take this further,
-e(sample)- can be used to condition on inclusion in the estimation.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von
[email protected]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. April 2009 10:44
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Mean dependent variable

Hi there,

I'm not so familiar with stata. So maybe that's a simple question:

I've run a probit estimation and I want the mean of my independent
variable of this regression. What can I do to get this addtional
information in my estimation output?
I can use the means-command before my regression. But in my regression
some observations are excluded. So there will be a different mean
value of my independent variable.

Thanks for your help,
Michael