st: AW: Mean dependent variable

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Mean dependent variable
Date   Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:52:53 +0200

sysuse auto, clear
probit for mpg price rep78
estat summarize

Note that I used "rep78" as a covariate so that a covariate with missing
values makes my explantation meaningful. If you want to take this further,
-e(sample)- can be used to condition on inclusion in the estimation.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. April 2009 10:44
Betreff: st: Mean dependent variable

Hi there,

I'm not so familiar with stata. So maybe that's a simple question:

I've run a probit estimation and I want the mean of my independent
variable of this regression. What can I do to get this addtional
information in my estimation output?
I can use the means-command before my regression. But in my regression
some observations are excluded. So there will be a different mean
value of my independent variable.

Thanks for your help,