Re: Re: st: What wrong with this ML model command?

From   Quang Nguyen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: What wrong with this ML model command?
Date   Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:51:34 -1000

Thanks Glenn and Maarten. I appreciate it.

Here is part of the "trace" that contains the error:

            - generate double `yb0' = .
            = generate double __000014 = .
            - replace `yb0' = ( `y_bo')^(`alpha') if `y_b0'>=0
            = replace __000014 = ( )^(__00000T) if __000018>=0
invalid syntax
              replace `yb1' = ( `y_b1')^(`alpha') if `y_b1'>=0

I double check the code and nothing seems wrong. Do you have any idea?

Many thanks?

P.S. when I use "ml trace on" , there was message "you must issue -ml
model- first" despite I used  the "ml model" right before that. Any
idea?

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Glenn Goldsmith
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Quang,
>
> In general, it's easier for people to help if you post the output from
> running the command with -set trace on-, rather than just the program code.
> That should pinpoint exactly where the problem is.
>
> Absent the -trace-, here's my guess at what's going on.
>
> The first code you posted contained the line:
>
>> tempvar  ya0, ya1, yb0, yb1, y_a0 y_a1 y_b0 y_b1 euA euB euDiff euRatio
> tmp
>
> This would have generated the error you received, because the names
> shouldn't be separated with commas.
>
> The new code you've posted has corrected this, and contains no commas at
> all. I would think the only way it could generate the error you received is
> if it gets passed a comma in a macro somewhere.
>
> Did your original error arise with the old program or the new? My suspicion
> is that the old program is still in memory, and is what is causing the
> problem. To fix this, ensure that the new program is saved, then type
>
>  program drop MLkt0_1
>
> then try running the -ml model- command again and see if it works.
>
> Otherwise, you really just need to look at the trace line by line to see
> where the error comes from.
>
> HTH,
>
> Glenns
>
> Quang Nguyen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I am sorry. Here is the correct code:
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person,
he believed in me." - Jim Valvano