st: Re: comparing across observations and variables

Subject   st: Re: comparing across observations and variables
Date   Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:50:20 +0200

<>

As for the first part: the one firm in the last column that appears only once in the dataset has got to be the ultimate one in the pyramid, is that right? If so, -count- it:

****
clear*

inp str2 firm str2 parent  str2 ultimate_parent
A A1 A2
A1 A1 A1
A3 A4 A
end

levelsof ultimate_parent, local(mylevels)

stack  firm parent ultimate_parent, into(countvar) clear

foreach lev of local mylevels{
 qui cou if countv=="`lev'"
 di in red "`lev' " `r(N)'
}