Re: st: cluster option in qreg

Subject   Re: st: cluster option in qreg
Date   Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:01:01 -0400

See also the threads at
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-09/msg00147.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-03/msg01222.html

You should, of course, run some simulations to assess the
finite-sample performance of whatever estimator you wind up using,
with various assumed effect sizes and whatever pathology best captures
the need to "correct the standard errors for potential correlation
between observations" in your case.  Note that in OLS, correlated
errors within group do not necessitate a cluster-robust SE unless X is
also correlated within group, and the cluster-robust SE only helps you
if X is still uncorrelated with the errors...