st: Randon Coefficient vs Mean Group Estimation

From   "Grant Peter Kabango" <>
Subject   st: Randon Coefficient vs Mean Group Estimation
Date   Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:14:59 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I am using two estimators to account for sectoral heterogeneity: the Mean Group model and Random Coefficient model.

I get my Mean Group Estimation through the Stata command 'xtpmg' with an 'mg' option; and I get my Random Coefficient estimation using the 'xtrc' Stata command.

However, since these two estimators differ in their assumption of the nature of heterogeneity, I am using the Hausman test to check which of the two is better. Surprisingly, the test is returning with the following error message;

"no coefficients in common; specify equations (matchlist) for problems with different equation names." r(498).

What could be the problem in this case?