Re: st: RE: one row for each individual

From   Chiara Mussida <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: one row for each individual
Date   Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:28:33 +0100

Martin, you're right: I sent it twice, sorry about that!

Well, to have 1 row for each individual facilitates my analysis, since
I wanto to "build" the labour market story of every individual. And it
is better (I guess) to dispose them in a unique row...
Cheers,
Chiara

2009/3/26 Nick Cox <[email protected]>:
> I imagine this could be made to work, but it's a bad idea nevertheless.
>
> As Martin earlier signalled, -reshape- is the natural solution for what
> you want.
>
> That said, it's not clear why you want the wide structure or form you
> ask for. Your existing long structure is best for most purposes.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Chiara Mussida
>
> Thanks Martin! Ok, but I guess I found the proper way to sort out the
> issue:
> I have 3 rows for each individual that contain individual
> characteristics + L mk info (in which I'm particularly interested)
> surveyed yearly in 3 different waves. I guess the most proper way is
> to separate my datasate into 3 files - 1 for each year - by obviously
> renaming the variables of each year. Then, with a double merge (by my
> newID) I will get the final file with 1 row for each subject.
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Chiara Mussida
PhD candidate