st: RE: Graphing xttobit predictive values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graphing xttobit predictive values
Date   Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:19:05 -0000

This is a repost. That is allowed, but nevertheless not a good idea.

I think Erick was pretty clear about what he wanted, so that rewriting
this would not have improved his chances of getting the answer he wants.

My impression first time, and this time too, is that it's most unlikely
that a canned Stata routine exists for this task. I guess that others
who work in similar territory had vague thoughts along similar lines.

I don't think Excel is _needed_ for this graph. I would expect that you
could do it in Stata, but you'd need to write the code yourself.

Erick Guerrero, M.A., Ph.D. Candidate

I am trying to get a bar graph that draws from a regression
that has predicted values on the Y axis and bars on the x
axis representing two categorical variables i.e.
organizations offering  methadone tx.and comparing these
organizations based on wave number (1995 vs. 2005) holding
all other covariates constant at their mean.

I used the xi3 command followed by postgr3, but the postgr3
command did not work for xttobit or xtlogit, random effects.

Is there a command like postgr3 that works with xttobit or
xtlogit holding all other covariates at their mean and that
graphs different categorical variates in the same graph?

Do I need to use excel to graph these relationships also?