st: RE: Pseudo Rsquared with IVPROBIT

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Pseudo Rsquared with IVPROBIT
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:15:34 -0000

. search r-square , faq

leads to lots of at least partly relevant information and advice. I can't speak to any specifics for -ivprobit-.

Sophia Rüster

With my dataset I wish to use the regression method IVPROBIT (probit model
with continuous endogenous regressor). The regression seems to work fine.
However, no goodness-of-fit indicator is reported. I wondered whether it
would be possible to calculate a pseudo-R² for example, whether this
technically is not feasible or whether this would make no sense from an
interpretational point of view.