st: RE: newey options

From   DE SOUZA Eric <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: newey options
Date   Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:34:21 +0100

Could the reason be that in Stata version 7 you were not obliged to
tsset your data, and, therefore, the newey command had a t option?

Eric de Souza

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Sent: 17 March 2009 13:14
Subject: st: newey options

Hello All,
I am running the following regression:
newey m_t r [aw=weight], lag(1) t(rankt) force option t() not allowed
r(198); which produces the noted error in version 8 of IC Stata.
However, if I  start my program with the command -version 7- it runs
successfully.  Any thoughts?
I would prefer to use my currently installed version to take advantage
of the updates that are available (and may not be backward-looking).
I am using a Mac platform, but ran into the same problem on a Windows
Thank you in advance,