st: Re: permutation combination of observations

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: permutation combination of observations
Date   Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:50:04 +0100

-ssc d tuples-

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dalhia" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 7:42 PM
Subject: st: permutation combination of observations

hi, I have a data problem that I was hoping someone could help me fix using stata. I have data on joint venture deals between participant companies.

Here is how my data looks like:
Deal_Number1, Participant_1
Deal_Number1, Participant_2
Deal_Number1, Participant_3
Deal_Number2, Participant_1
Deal_Number2, Participant_2

Here is what I need it to look like:
Deal_Number1, Participant_1, Participant_2
Deal_Number1, Participant_1, Participant_3
Deal_Number1, Participant_2, Participant_3
Deal_Number2, Participant_1, Participant_2

So basically, I need a permutation combination of all pairs of participants in a deal. I will be extremely grateful if anyone out there can suggest a way of doing this.