Re: st: obs get dropped when use weights

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: obs get dropped when use weights
Date   Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:12:36 -0500

At 03:46 PM 3/6/2009, Rike wrote:
Dear statalist,

I'm running a simple OLS regression but once I use pweight, half of
the observations get dropped. There are no other missing values in the
variables used. I'm simply running
y x1 x2....[pw = weight]

the number of obs used in the regression without the weight is fine,
but once I use the weights the number drops below half. Does anyone
have an idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.

Is weight ever negative, 0 or missing?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu