st: obs get dropped when use weights

From   Rike <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: obs get dropped when use weights
Date   Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:46:21 -0500

Dear statalist,

I'm running a simple OLS regression but once I use pweight, half of
the observations get dropped. There are no other missing values in the
variables used. I'm simply running
y x1 x2....[pw = weight]

the number of obs used in the regression without the weight is fine,
but once I use the weights the number drops below half. Does anyone
have an idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.