st: -variance- option for xtlogit?

From   Hilde Karlsen <>
Subject   st: -variance- option for xtlogit?
Date   Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:30:44 +0100

Dear statlisters,

I am wondering if there is a way to obtain variance estimates for sigma_u in -xtlogit-? I have noticed that this is possible with the -xtmelogit- command, e.g.

xtmelogit depvar indepvar || re-equation, variance

What do I have to write to get the random intercept in -xtlogit- reported as a variance, rather than as a standard deviation?

Thank you for your consideration.

Best wishes,