st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0

Subject   st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:48:06 +0100

<>

Phil, although I do have a hard time telling why Stata uses less variables
for certain wls types here, you should not say that they have been dropped.
That would be cause for concern indeed. Instead, Stata simply restricts the
estimation sample, just as it would if you passed it the -if- qualifier. It
does that for "abse" and "e2" in my example...

*****
use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ado/analysis/hetdata, clear
foreach type in abse absen e2 loge2 xb2{
wls0 exp age ownrent income incomesq, wvar(income incomesq) type(`type')
}
*****

HTH
Martin