st: AW: change directory using locals

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: change directory using locals
Date   Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:02:11 +0100

BTW, you may also have run into the problem discussed in, i.e. confusion
between path specifications and escape characters (maybe you simplified the
problem for the list, and really had this problem. From your path in your
initial post I take it that you use Windows as OS.).
Bottom line: Use forward slashes in your paths to avoid nasty surprises...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Cesar Cancho
Gesendet: Samstag, 14. Februar 2009 21:49
Betreff: st: change directory using locals

hi all

I am trying to include a line like this in a program:

cd `gr1'

the problem is that the local gr1 is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Cancho\My Documents\Research

because of the blank spaces, this line never runs (always returns invalid
syntax , r(198)). I have tried all the possible combinations of quotes and
double quotes, but i couldn't make it work. Any idea or suggestion???

Thanks in advance,