st: RE: Stata equivalent of SAS "Proc Traj"?

From   John Hoffmann <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: Stata equivalent of SAS "Proc Traj"?
Date   Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:49:31 -0700

I don't think an equivalent Stata procedure has been written, although I could be wrong. Jones, one of the developers of Proc Traj, has a website that might be useful ( Also, given that the procedure is implemented as a SAS macro, it shouldn't be too hard to write equivalent code for Stata.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Ariel Linden
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:37 PM
Subject: st: Stata equivalent of SAS "Proc Traj"?

Hi all,

There is a user-written program for SAS called "Proc Traj" which uses a
semi-parametric approach to categorize individuals into groups based on
their longitudinal trajectories.

Is there similar procedure for us Stata folk?

Here are the references:

Jones, B. L., & Nagin, D. S. (2007). Advances in group-based trajectory
modeling and an SAS procedure for estimating them. Sociological Methods &
Research, 35, 542-571.

Jones, B., Nagin, D. S., & Roeder, K. (2001). A SAS procedure based on
mixture models for estimating developmental trajectories. Sociological
Research and Methods, 29, 374-393.