st: Mixing mlogit and gaussian in -gllamm-

From   Kristian Karlson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Mixing mlogit and gaussian in -gllamm-
Date   Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:51:27 +0100

Dear Peter

Thank you for your comment. I will look into hurdle models. My initial question was, however, more about how to specifically combine data for -gllamm-. I want to model an educational choice process with several choices and, simultaneously, model determinants of ability test scores. Thus, I want to mix the two equations and capture unobserved heterogeneity from both models with two latent classes.

All the best,
Kristian

Lachenbruch, Peter skrev:
This appears to be related to hurdle models (or two-part models) in
which one models the dichotomy and the continuous parts separately and
combines the test statistics.  When you have a probability mass and
continuous part of a distribution, I'm not sure it makes sense to
consider this as a mixture since the probability of 0 on the continuous
part is 0.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health