st: you go -xtmelogit-

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: you go -xtmelogit-
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:17:04 -0500

I just figured StataCorp would appreciate this:

I ran a crossed random effect binary model today on some data I got this
afternoon, which has 72 observations per subject, 120 subjects, 3
conditions for the study variable that's random.

It ran on the first try, in under 15 minutes.

Now obviously this involves having "good" data with pretty big effects,
but as anyone who ran these kinds of models even a few years ago can
attest, estimating a crossed random effect is no easy task, but
-xtmelogit- did everything with no sweat, no messy model specification,
etc.

Thanks, and Merry Xmas a few days early (or is it Happy Hanukah on
time).

JV