st: RE: display width in tabulate

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: display width in tabulate
Date   Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:53:00 -0000

-table- typically is more generous than -tabulate- in this respect.

David Kantor

I'm doing a simple two-way tabulation. The first variable is
value-labelled, with some rather long values; some are as much as 46
characters.
(I believe that the fact that they are label values is irrelevant; if
it were a string-valued variable, I believe that the result would
look the same.)
The output is coming out with those values (in the left margin),
truncated to 21 characters.
Does anyone know a way to make them appear in full value? That may
look absurd, but it is what I need for now.

My goal is to import the output to an Excel table - with full-length
string values. As it stands now, I am manually fixing the ones that
were truncated. So maybe there is some other way besides -tabulate-.