st: RE: Re: Measurement error

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Measurement error
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:12:38 +0100

Line for the server...

What is " Bland-Altman" again? Mind the FAQ. And why are you replying to something? Your post looks more like a new topic...

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Tom Simpson
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:07 PM
Subject: st: Re: Measurement error

Server line

I have 4 different methods of measuring the same quantity with a
different number of repeats at each level. I have used xtmixed to
calculate the within-subject standard deviation and then measurement
error as 1.96 times this value.
I am not used to this type of analysis and my questions are:
1. Is xtmixed appropriate for analysing this type of data, or is there a more efficient method.
Is it possible to calculate a coefficient of repeatability (similar to
Bland-Altman) for more than 2 different measurement techniques.
I am using Stata 10.