st: Re: Measurement error

From   Tom Simpson <>
Subject   st: Re: Measurement error
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:06:45 -0800 (PST)

Server line

I have 4 different methods of measuring the same quantity with a
different number of repeats at each level. I have used xtmixed to
calculate the within-subject standard deviation and then measurement
error as 1.96 times this value.
I am not used to this type of analysis and my questions are:
1. Is xtmixed appropriate for analysing this type of data, or is there a more efficient method.
Is it possible to calculate a coefficient of repeatability (similar to
Bland-Altman) for more than 2 different measurement techniques.
I am using Stata 10.