Re: st: Ranking observations within groups

From   David Airey <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject   Re: st: Ranking observations within groups
Date   Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:36:35 -0600

Seems the unique option does what you describe you need.

webuse machine.dta
drop operator
bysort machine: egen rank = rank(output)
bysort machine: egen rankf = rank(output), field
bysort machine: egen rankt = rank(output), track
bysort machine: egen ranku = rank(output), unique
sort machine output
list, clean