Re: st: Date format export to excel

From   "Ashim Kapoor" <>
Subject   Re: st: Date format export to excel
Date   Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:16:07 +0530

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your reply.

For example the number 586 which under the format %tm mean November
2008 in Stata becomes 11/8/2008 in excel, where does excel choose this
8th day from ?

But more than this some dates get even the month wrong like for
example the number 500 which is september 2001, becomes 9/1/2008. The
year changes!!!

Does this seem like a simple problem to fix ? Anything like this have you seen?

Thank you,