Re: st: Re: graph matrix by(x, norescale) doesn't work

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: graph matrix by(x, norescale) doesn't work
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:24:54 +0000

Martin Weiss replied:

> I would not call these options. The -twoway- family allows you to add
> additional types of -graph-s to an existing one. -gr matrix- is not part of
> this family, so systematically I would not expect there to be an -add plots-
> capability. -hist-, for instance, does allow that, so in future what you
> call for may be desirable. I do note though that -gr matrix- already takes a
> long time to draw its plot so allowing additional plots would certainly make
> that worse...

I used the word 'options' in a loose sense, not in the Stataish sense.
I do agree that it probably would make -graph matrix- stodgy (or,
perhaps, stodgier) as I have noticed, like you have, that the time it
takes between firing it up and getting the graph is quite long,
particularly on the first call. Now that Nick has provided a
user-written solution, I'm going to try it out.

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.