Re: st: Re: graph matrix by(x, norescale) doesn't work

From   "Clive Nicholas" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: graph matrix by(x, norescale) doesn't work
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:54:51 +0000

Nick Cox replied to David Airey:

> A trick that gets you some of the way to different symbols:
> sysuse auto, clear
> gen mymarker = cond(foreign, "o", "x")
> graph matrix weight length displacement, ///
>        ms(none) mlab(mymarker) mlabpos(0)
> I don't know a way to get different colours.

I've been playing around with Nick's solution with some of my own
data, and it turns out to be quite useful, especially when I switch on
the -if e(sample)- option.

One question for StataCorp: Why are there no -(lfit y x)- and -(lfitci
y x)- options with -graph matrix? If I'm not missing anything obvious,
this would make -graph matrix- even more useful than it already is.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.