Re: st: graphing problems

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: graphing problems
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:37:41 +0000 (GMT)

--- moleps islon <> wrote:

> 1)After having created a barplot using catplot is there a way to
> reorder the categories? I suspect not-but redoing the catplot command
> - catplot bar x, over(y) asyvars stack perc(y) - I still cannot
> figure out how to determine the ordering of the categories...(the
> peer-reviewer specifically requested a specific ordering of the
> categories)

The -axis()- function within the -egenmore- package is specifically
designed to deal with that problem. You can download -egenmore- from
SSC by typing -ssc install egenmore-.
> 2) Besides using different dashed lines-is it possible to use symbols
> designating the individual graphs in stcurve graphs??? For example
> diamonds, triangles--

Yes, you overlay a scatterplot with these symbols on top of the line.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081