Statalist

RE: st: Data Management

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Data Management
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:03:01 -0000

See the other posting I made in this thread for what should be your
exact solution.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Raphael Fraser

I spent the day at a SAS workshop. Imagine that!! I only just seeing
the threads.

What makes this problem a bit tricky is the order of the sequences of
zero must be preserved.

So Nick is on the ball. I'll now go see what tsspell has to offer.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> No; this throws away information on sequences, as indicated by the way
> "consecutive".
>
> Nick
> n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk
>
> Alexander Staus
>
> If I understand you right, e.g
>
> by id count, sort: gen N=_N
> drop if count==0 & N>=3
>
> would help.
>
> Raphael Fraser schrieb:
>
>> I have longitudinal data with "id" as unique identifier, "timevar" as
>> the time variable and an outcome variable I call "count." The timevar
>> contains the elapsed time in minutes. I would like to exclude all
>> zeros where there are 3 or more consecutive zeros for each person.
Can