Re: st: help for using xtmixed

From   "josemaria" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: help for using xtmixed
Date   Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:25:55 -0200

Dear Maarten (and Gutierrez indirectly):
yes, Bobby´s presentation helped me.
Indeed, I followed Bobby`s approach (which formerly I had some doubt in using) and decided to use -... || county: || id: interactiongroupage...-, instead of -...|| county: || id: age...-

Thank you for your hint and Gutierrez for the slides.
José Maria

Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular (aposentado)
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
fones (11)3061-7747; (11)3714-2403
fax  (11)3714-2403

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maarten buis" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: st: help for using xtmixed

...but the slides look very
interesting and applicable to your situation:

Hope this helps,

--- josemaria <> wrote:

I am using xtmixed to compare children growth of two groups...
... Please, is the  -command  xtmixed zscore age agesquared group
interactiongroupage interactiongroupagesquared || county: || id: age,
cov(unstructured) var- adequate?
José Maria