st: gllamm poisson, robust standard errors

From   Spencer Moore <>
Subject   st: gllamm poisson, robust standard errors
Date   Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:18:37 -0500

Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal mention in their book "Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata" using gllamm with the robust option to handle overdispersion at level 1 in 2-level random-intercept Poisson model.

When I use the robust option with the 2-level Poisson (gllamm), I keep obtaining the Stata message "can't get correct log-likelihood...something went wrong in comprob3".

Can anyone tell me what might be going awry in obtaining the robust standard errors? I have used several different datasets and outcomes with this option.