st: help for using xtmixed

From   josemaria <>
Subject   st: help for using xtmixed
Date   Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:23:55 -0200

Dear Stata listers:
I am using xtmixed to compare children growth of two groups (variable=
group, coded 0|1). The children (variable=  id) were selected within
counties (variable= county). Each child were measured (response variable=
zscore) five times, at ages 6, 10, 14, 18, 22 months (variable= age), and I
admit that each child has their own growth quadratic curve.
 Please, is the  -command  xtmixed zscore age agesquared group
interactiongroupage interactiongroupagesquared || county: || id: age,
cov(unstructured) var- adequate?
Thanks for any help.
José Maria

Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular (aposentado)
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
fones  (11)3061-7747; (11)3768-8612
fax  (11)3714-2403