st: Conditional multinomial logistic regression again

From   "Elizabeth Allred" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Conditional multinomial logistic regression again
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:22:38 -0500

Having gotten no responses to my earlier query (below), I went over to the dark side (SAS) to see what it could/would do. Using proc logistic, I can fit a conditional <binary> logistic (like clogit) and a multinomial logistic (like mlogit) but SAS, too, will not fit a conditional multinomial logistic. SAS says:

NOTE: Conditional logistic regression with polytomous response data is not
      currently supported.

Will it ever be? I'm not a programming I asking for something impossible? Is there no way to do conditional multinomial logistic regression??