Re: st: Re: Memory

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Memory
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:33:58 +0000 (GMT)

--- "Victor M. Zammit" <> wrote:
> I need to t-test an infinit number of random samples of size 30 ,from
> an infinite,normally distributed population. Each t-value is saved
> and then appended together to form a database for t table.The problem
> is that I get constrained by memory regardless of the size of the
> memory in my Stata. I have Version 9 .Is there a way of  getting
> around this constrained.?

If you want to create a table using an infinite number of random
samples you need an infinite amount of time and an infinite amount of
memory, regardless of what program or computer you use. So that will
never work.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam