st: RE: Syntax problems with maximum likelihood (method lf)

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Syntax problems with maximum likelihood (method lf)
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:07:19 -0000

It looks as if there is a bug within the part of the program you have not shown us.

I suspect that you did not type

as that would have generated a different error message.

version 10.1

is the correct syntax.

In other words, you need to show more of your program to get better advice.

Katia Bobulova

I am using the likelihood function lf. I have a problem in the end. I
have written the program and I don't have any problem.

I typed:
program define myprogram
args lnf a b c d

After this I tiped:

ml model lf myprogram (a:) (b:) (c:) (d:)

but Stata tells me that is an invalid syntax. Any suggestion?