st: ICE interpretation

From   "Sham Lal" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ICE interpretation
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:31:10 +0000

Dear all,

I'm currently having some issues with the interpretation of an imputed dataset. The study aims to identify gene associated with response to drug treatment. I imputed a series of clinical response variables in the imputation equation, to gain what I would expect to be more robust estimates. I did not impute the gene's.

Upon using mim and performing various logistic regressions, using for example,
xi: mim: logit response1 i.gene1

using this imputed dataset gives me a nearly identical estimates (ORs, SE, 95%ci) as my unimputed dataset (changes occurred 4th decimal place). So in fact i've not gained anything from using an imputed dataset. Could this be because not imputed by predictor variable, the gene?

Any thoughts appreciated
Regards,
Sham

Research Assistant