st: non-parametric MANOVA

From   Jochen Späth <>
To   <>
Subject   st: non-parametric MANOVA
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:36:17 +0100

Dear statalisters,

I want to do a Manova (14 different dependent variables, 2 main factors) and am stuck with the problem that most of my fourteen variables are not normally distributed (and I do not want to transform them in order to get them normal since I have only remote access to the data which complicates things a lot). So, my question is: is there a way to do such a MANOVA in STATA using non-parametric techniques (the -kwallis- command allows only for one factor and one dependent variable as far as I know)?

Thank you very much,

Jochen Späth
Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW) Tübingen
Ob dem Himmelreich 1
72074 Tübingen
Tel.: +49-(0)7071-9896-14
Fax: +49-(0)7071-9896-99