st: calculating skew and sorting from frequency data

From   "Armstrong, Alona" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: calculating skew and sorting from frequency data
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:24:11 -0000

I have some particle size data with a class size column (called 'ps'
with 50 or 100 classes) and 198 columns with frequencies in for
different samples. I need to calculate the skewness and kurtosis for
each of the samples. I've done this for individual samples by:
summarize ps [aweight = spl1], detail
Or perhaps more neatly:
tabstat ps [aweight = spl1], statistics( kurtosis skewness )
But, what I really need is either a dataset or a table for all 198
samples at once? I've looked at xcontract/xcollapse but these don't seem
to have a skew and kurtosis option.
Thanks for your help,