st: RE: combining panel data values

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: combining panel data values
Date   Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:06:09 +0100

What does "combine" mean? If it means add, then know that

gen z = x + y

is the way to add two variables to produce a third.

Sean Lunde

I am working with a set of panel data grouped by brand (the panel var)
and date (the time var). I want to combine the values of some of the
brand variables together,( e.g. combine the salesdollar value for
brand x with salesdollar value for brand y). All of the variables I
want to combine are numeric.