Re: st: hw advice wanted

From   Michael McCulloch <>
Subject   Re: st: hw advice wanted
Date   Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:07:46 -0700

I'm not too up-to-speed on the current state of Vista, but I'd hazard
that with 64-bit and 32Gb RAM you'd be best suited with some sort *NIX
variant, although if you're not familiar with them it may involve a
learning curve to get used to the OS (although not with Stata itself
since this is virtually identical across platforms).

As a novice Stata user, my experience in switching from Windows to Mac platform was that the most difficult part was simply knowing that the slash-markused in directory addresses just leans the other way! Neil is correct in that you would hardly notice the difference.

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel:	(415) 407-1357
Fax:	(415) 485-1065