st: RE: RE: Tabulate

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Tabulate
Date   Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:54:34 -0700

I have been thinking about the same problem for some time and wrote a
short extension of tab which is essentially this.  Bobby Gutierrez has
modified my clumsy work and it will be an addition to Stata some time
soon (I hope).

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:15 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Tabulate

foreach v of var var1-var20 {
	tab `v' gender
}

Meryle Weinstein, Ph.D.

Is there a way to do multiple two way tables besides tab2. I want to
create
two-way tables by gender for about 20 variables and tab2 creates tables
for
each of the 20 other variables by each other, which is way too
unwieldly.