RE: st: RE: SUR correction for autocorrelation

From   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: SUR correction for autocorrelation
Date   Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:07:39 -0400

///

Dalhia,

Your regression with clusters seems similat to FE+regression. I found
that F is missing under your setting, but you could deal with that using
-xtreg, fe cluster()- instead of -reg, cluster()-. The following example
shows you my point using the dataset available in Stata. Regression with
-reg- has the same coefficients than -xtreg-, but the latter computes
the standard errors under the assumption of FE at the cluster level.
Note that standard errors are different because degree of freedom are
computed dropping the id's dummies.

I hope this helps you,
Rodrigo.

**** Begin example
sysuse auto, clear
reg price mpg turn foreign, cluster(foreign)
xtreg price mpg turn, fe cluster(foreign) i(foreign)
**** End example