RE: st: space trouble in excel to stata conversion

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: space trouble in excel to stata conversion
Date   Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:01:48 +0200

> That is a solution for Stata->Excel, but Ashim asked about Excel->Stata.
> tried to replicate his problem, and it did not happen to me... Anything
> special about that string variable that we should know about, Ashim?
Have
> you tried to -insheet- instead of pasting?

Right! I missed that.  I would try - insheet-  as Martin suggests;  -odbc-
may also help

h odbc

Johannes

Geyer