st: Two Limit Tobit

From   Greg Evans <>
Subject   st: Two Limit Tobit
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:08:50 -0400

Hi All,

I'm trying to program a two-limit tobit but I want to estimate two different constant terms. The model has some negative values, some positive values, and then a bunch of zeros. I'm looking for a separate constant term for when the dependent variable has negative values and a separate constant for positive values of the dependent variable. I have a likelihood I could run, but I would like to use the canned program, if possible.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Greg Evans
University of Georgia
Choose Happy!