Re: st: how to remove gray/color around graph?

From   Svend Juul <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: how to remove gray/color around graph?
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:54:11 +0200

Adrian wrote:

I am running the following in Stata to create a graph with weights:

My main problem is that this journal's editor wants
all graphs to be monochromatic and very simple, with
no gray backgrounds, etc. I want to include this graph
in MS Word and when I copy it like this, it gives me a
gray area around the graph (outside of the axes). How
do I change this to be all white?

Also, when I try to change the scheme so that it's
monochromatic, my weights become squares instead of
circles. Do you guys know what the problem is there?

The unofficial -lean- schemes generate clean black-and-white
graphs. Find and install them by

   findit lean scheme

Then include in your do-file prior to the graph command:

   set scheme lean1
or
   set scheme lean2

To get circles as markers, include the -msymbol(O)- option
to -scatter-:

   ... (scatter popgrowth3 sharebach70 [w=pop] , msymbol(O) ...

Hope this helps
Svend

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6