st: Graphing of multiple meta-analyses

From   Anthony Staines <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Graphing of multiple meta-analyses
Date   Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:59:05 +0100

Dear all,
I would be grateful for advice on the following question. We are doing a
pooled analysis of a number of case-control studies, mainly looking at
occupational exposures. We have a number of pre-specified analyses, but
we would also like to prepare and graph pooled estimates for about 80
occupational groups. (We are fully aware of the statistical and
inferential issues here.)
At the moment we are running the analyses, (using the metan command) and
manually transferring the individual and pooled OR, study sizes etc..
into a graphical command, to prepare a meta-analysis plot for each one.

We want to do two things - first eliminate this manual transfer step, as
it is error prone. Second prepare graphs containing several of these in
one graph.
I'm not a Stata expert, Carla, who is working on this project knows
Stata better than I do, but we would both be grateful for any
suggestions, hints, or plain instructions,
Best wishes,
Anthony Staines
--
Anthony Staines, Professor of Health Systems Research,
School of Nursing, Dublin City University, Dublin 9,Ireland.