Re: st: maximum likelihood estimate of θ for the logarithmic series distribution

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: maximum likelihood estimate of θ for the logarithmic series distribution
Date   Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:34:13 +0100 (BST)

--- zhang xuan <[email protected]> wrote:
>     some one told me find the maximum likelihood estimate of θ
> for the logarithmic series distribution and construct a 95%
> Confidence Interval for θ. there is no sample but i was told that
> there is a sample of 100 observations and the sum of the X is 381. if
> there is a sample or if i can simulate a sample, it is easy to find
> the theta but if there is no sample, can someone help me out? how can
> i write a program to estimate the theta and its 95% Confidence
> Interval?

This looks suspiciously like a homework question. If that is the case
than the following quote from the Statalist FAQ applies:

"Please do not post homework questions, and please ignore any that are
posted."

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam