st: Re: label

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "Alessandro Oliveira" <>
Subject   st: Re: label
Date   Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:40:42 -0400

Not to my knowledge.
Probably the best way of documenting this is to use variable -notes-. Try this:

program mygen
qui gen `0'
gettoken name rest: 0
note `name': `0'

mygen lprice = log(price)
mygen gpm = 1/mpg

On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Alessandro Oliveira wrote:

Dear Chris,

Hi, I wonder if you could help me with an Stata issue.
Is it possible for stata to automatically label a new variable with the formula used in "gen"? ex: gen y = x+1 automatically yielding label variable y with "gen y = x+1"
Kind regards,